Coaching Advisory Panel
Squash New Zealand has a Coaching Advisory panel who volunteer their time to act as a sounding board to provide advice and input on all coaching matters as per the strategic coaching plan. It is made up of a range of coaches from throughout the country, operates under an independent terms of reference (PDF) and ensures that the collective voice of squash coaches in New Zealand is acknowledged.
The panel is currently made of:
- Graham Randolph (Bay of Plenty)
Keen to be on the Coaching Advisory Panel?
- Support the Squash New Zealand Coaching Director to draft the content (what to teach) and the delivery (how to teach) for all modules on the coach development framework.
- Offer input into the CoachForce programme (the recruitment and training process for our Officers and Facilitators).
- Assess and adjudicate all nominations for the annual National Coaching Awards.
- Put ideas forward for formats of national coaching conferences.
- Aid with determining any recognition of prior learning submissions.
- Assist with assessing applications and allocating the annual CoachForce Investment Funding.
- Provide suggestions on suitable recruitment and recognition methods for the squash coaching landscape.
- Help review the impact the coaching system has on squash participation and performance (using feedback from players, coaches and others) to identify areas of improvement.
- Attendance at face-to-face formal meetings (quarterly or where appropriate).
- Available for regular informal (email and phone) communication with the Squash New Zealand Coaching Director.
- A contributor to the wider coaching community.
- Actively coaching within their community (or have extensive experience in coaching).
- An advocate for the Squash New Zealand Strategic Coaching Plan.
- Proactively supporting and / or using the national squash coaching resources (for Kiwi Squash and SquashStart programmes).
- Follows the Squash New Zealand Coaching Code of Ethics.
- Has excellent communication and administration skills.
To discuss opportunities to be on the Coaching Advisory Panel get in touch.