National Awards Finalists Announced
It is the biggest night of the year and recognises the local champions and heroes. It is also an opportunity to celebrate the efforts of many for all the fantastic work they do to help develop and support squash throughout the country. See who is in the running for the National Awards here.
World Women's Team News
The World Women’s Team Championships have kicked off in Paris, France and the New Zealand team is looking to set to stamp their mark on the world stage. Keep up to date with results, where to watch them live and all the media releases here.
Squash Case Studies
Clubs all over the country are using good practice to succeed and take their business to the next level. Your club can use this information to implement positive change within your own environments. Check out the range of case studies here.
- Squash City Invercargill – Volunteers
- Royal Oak Racquets Club – Open Days
- Manaia Squash Club – Developing Junior Potential
- Te Awamutu Squash Club – Doubles Squash
- Squash City Invercargill – Member get Member
"Jahangir moved the game forward by 20 per cent" says Ross Norman
Ross Norman celebrated the 30th anniversary of his epic victory over Jahangir Khan by helping to launch a new book about the man whose long unbeaten run he ended. New Zealander Norman claimed that Jahangir “moved the game forward by at least 20 per cent” during the 1980s. The launch of Jahangir Khan: 555 took place at Wimbledon Racquets and Fitness Club in south-west London. Read the full release here.
Squash Facilities Resources
People want to play squash in a space that motivates them to push hard and enjoy their overall squash experience. This includes everything from the layout and quality of lighting to the décor of the building. Inspiring colours, wall graphics, marketing materials, patterns and shapes can all be used to create a great sense of energy. Find out more ways you can develop your squash facility here.
The New Membership Approach
We need to help people fall in love with squash and engage with them to achieve long-term memberships. This interaction needs to start at the beginning of their member journey with how we introduce our new members to the club. Follow the easy growth and retention model to help you do this here.
Waikato and Northland Claim 3 Titles in Champion of Champions
After 3 full days of squash at the Putaruru Squash Club Waikato and Northland took home three Champion of Champions titles whilst Eastern and the Bay of Plenty claimed 2 titles each. Check out the full results and all of the battles here.
Education at your Fingertips
We’ve searched far and wide and have come up with the latest industry insights and tools to help grow your club with our new education library section. From using music on the squash courts and providing flexible membership options to fitness ideas and coaching tips, check out the latest articles to get the most from your club here.
- Download all the performance solutions your club needs for every step of the way here
- Access the full range of marketing materials to help promote your club here
- Make sure you sign up for the World Masters Games as entries are closing soon! All your information you need here
- Learn about the many benefits of becoming a squash coach here
- Discover the different ways to play squash here
- PSA TV are offering 50% off your first 3 months' SQUASHTV subscription. To redeem this offer, enter the coupon code NZ50 in the coupon box when signing up here
- Save the date for the 2017 National Coaching Conference here
- Squash New Zealand formalises the Recognition of Prior Learning process here
- The Inaugural Golden Oldies World Squash Festival 2018 comes to Christchurch in April 2018. Check out all the information here
- Understand the keys to keeping your members happy here
- Locate your nearest court to have a hit or join a club with our courts maps here